COURSE 1 & BEYOND:
Connection & Riding Excellence
May 5-6th, 2023
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
In any discipline, to be great you must first master the fundamentals, and this course is full of them.
Combining Course 1 & 2 topics, this 2 day course has helped both beginners and high level riders fine tune their communication, raise their connection and advance their horsemanship.
By far the most important course you will take, and one to review throughout your horsemanship journey!
- Learn to apply the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Training Scale™ with Path, Speed, Bend & Balance.
- Learn the riding/exercise circle and the 3 steps to cycle through.
- Discover how to "stretch the elastic band", both physically and emotionally.
- Find relaxation in movement with the "active neutral sweet spot".
- Learn a circle program under saddle to develop a comfortable canter through bend & balance.
- Begin leg yielding and learn how it builds to other maneuvers.
- Improve your lead departures and build a foundation for lead changes.
$650/rider (tax included)
3 FREE spectator tickets.
- $400 deposit required to register. Remaining balance due 30 days before the event.
- Spectator tickets will be given upon arrival.
- Stabling included (indoor boxstall, bring your own shavings).
$30/person/day or $75/person for all 3 days (tax included)
- Bleacher seating available. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
HORSE & RIDER REQUIREMENTS
- Riders must be at least 16yrs of age to participate. Youth riders between 16-18yrs must submit a Young Rider Authorization form for approval to participate.
- Horses must be at least 3yrs old, have a minimum of 40 rides and be ride-able at the walk, trot and some canter. This is NOT a colt-starting clinic.
- You must be comfortable riding at the walk, trot and some canter on the horse you bring.
- Stallions NOT permitted.
- Some introductory knowledge of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship program is helpful (you have read "The Art Of Liberty Training For Horses" and/or watched Ground DVD #1 of the Natural Foundation Home Study Program.
Contact Clinic Host with any questions or concerns.
Prairieland Park Ag Centre
Herman Ave, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Map location HERE
Indoor Arena: Heated, bleacher seating, bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
Food: NOT available onsite. Bring your own or travel 10 min for restaurants
Pets & Smoking: NOT permitted on the Prairieland Park premise. Thank you!
Stabling: Indoor boxstall (self board) is included in the Rider fee. Please pre-book with Host. Shavings are not provided (bring your own). Bring your own water bucket, hay/feed, muck bucket & fork.
Camping: Dry camping available near the arena (no cost/no hookups). Serviced sites are available at the Campground on far side of the grounds for $35/night + GST (not close to arena/barn).
Park Town Hotel ph: 306-244-5564 or Sandman Signature Inn ph: 306-518-7263
PICTURES & VIDEO
Video or audio recording of any kind is NOT PERMITTED. Please pass this information on to friends/family that may be attending to watch. Photos of clinic participants are for your personal use only and may not be used for public display or commercial purposes. You may not publish, post, or display any photos of Jonathan Field, the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Centre or any member of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship team without their written consent.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payments accepted by Visa/Mastercard, Etransfer, or PayPal.
A $400 deposit is required to confirm your spot in the clinic. Deposits are non-refundable, non-creditable and non transferrable.
Remaining balances are due 30 days before the clinic. This includes stabling/accommodation fees. Balance payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and can only be applied to a credit.
If you cancel out of the clinic at any time, the $400 deposit is forfeited. Your balance payment will then be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit, less a $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.
IF we are able to fill your clinic spot with another rider, then both your deposit and balance will be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit (less the $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.) Credits can be used to purchase Jonathan Field Horsemanship merchandise, equipment, DVDs, an Open Field Membership, or applied to another clinic or camp if space allows.
REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND
For more information contact
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with all things horsemanship with Jonathan Field.