Intro To Liberty & Riding Essentials
April 8-10th, 2022
Langley, British Columbia
This course is full of fun exercises to build a stronger connection between you and your horse. By understanding how to better read and respond to your horse in any given moment, you'll fine-tune your communication online (in preparation for liberty) and under saddle. This is the beginning of developing the ultimate riding horse and liberty partner!
- Learn the fundamental concepts of Liberty Training by fine-tuning your communication online first.
- Accurately read your horse and respond appropriately using drive/draw concepts.
- Begin the steps to liberty with "Follow My Shoulder" and blend into a liberty circle program.
- Improve your feel and timing both online and under saddle to build your horse's confidence and trust in you as a leader.
- Learn how to stretch your horse mentally to create a stronger connection with your horse.
- Become a more precise and balanced rider by fine-tuning your position and equitation to help your horse find healthy, relaxed movement.
$870/rider (tax included)
3 FREE spectator tickets.
- $400 deposit required to register. Remaining balance due 30 days before the event.
- Spectator tickets will be given upon arrival.
- Stabling not included.
HORSE & RIDER REQUIREMENTS
- Riders must have completed a previous Course 1 clinic with Jonathan.
- All riders must provide proof of current Horse Council BC Membership or equivalent insurance.
- Horses must provide proof of current vaccinations (including Flu/Rhino).
- Youth riders must be between 16-18yrs of age must submit a Young Rider Authorization form for approval to participate.
- Horses must be at least 3yrs old, have a minimum of 40 rides and be ride-able at the walk, trot and some canter. This is NOT a colt-starting clinic.
- You must be comfortable riding at the walk, trot and some canter on the horse you bring. You must use the same horse throughout the clinic.
- Stallions NOT permitted.
- Some knowledge of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship program is helpful (you have read "The Art Of Liberty Training For Horses" and/or watched the Natural Foundation Home Study Program ~ particularly Ground #1 & #2 and Riding #1.
Contact Clinic Host with any questions or concerns.
Villa Training Stables
6773 - 256 Street Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Map location HERE
Covered Arena: Not heated, bring your own chair and blanket for comfort
Food: NOT available onsite. Bring your own or travel 10 min for restaurants
Pets & Smoking: NOT permitted onsite. Thank you!
Stabling: Indoor boxstall $30/night or Outdoor Pen $20/night. Shavings are included. This is self board and availability is limited. Please pre-book with Host. Bring your own water bucket, hay/feed, muck bucket & fork.
PICTURES & VIDEO
Video or audio recording of any kind is NOT PERMITTED. Please pass this information on to friends/family that may be attending to watch. Photos of clinic participants are for your personal use only and may not be used for public display or commercial purposes. You may not publish, post, or display any photos of Jonathan Field, the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Centre or any member of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship team without their written consent.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payments accepted by Visa/Mastercard, Etransfer, or PayPal.
A $400 deposit is required to confirm your spot in the clinic. Deposits are non-refundable, non-creditable and non transferrable.
Remaining balances are due 30 days before the clinic. This includes stabling and accommodation fees. Balance payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and can only be applied to a credit.
If you cancel out of the clinic at any time, the $400 deposit is forfeited. Your balance payment will then be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit, less a $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.
IF we are able to fill your clinic spot with another rider, then both your deposit and balance will be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit (less the $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.) Credits can be used to purchase Jonathan Field Horsemanship merchandise, equipment, DVDs, an Open Field Membership, or applied to another clinic or camp if space allows.
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with all things horsemanship with Jonathan Field.