COURSE 2/3: Liberty & Finesse Riding
June 19-21st, 2022
Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
There's power in the art of play and this intensive course is full of fun exercises to build stronger leadership and bond between horse and rider. You'll learn to develop better posture and balance in both you and your horse, while advancing your feel and timing online in preparation for liberty. It all leads to creating the ultimate riding horse!
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Liberty Training and if you're ready, liberty within the group!
- Focus on the next steps in the Jonathan Field Training Scale (Bend, Balance, Shortening & Lengthening).
- Become a more precise and balanced rider to help your horse find healthy relaxed movement.
- Show your horse how to lift his back and use his whole body correctly.
- Achieve soft transitions, easy canter departures and a foundation for lead changes.
- Learn key exercises such as the "Samarai Circle" and "Tye-Dye" to the horse elasticity.
$870/rider (tax included)
3 FREE spectator tickets.
- $400 deposit required to register. Remaining balance due 30 days before the event.
- Spectator tickets will be given upon arrival.
- Stabling not included.
$30/person/day or $75/person for all 3 days (tax included)
- Pre-registeration is appreciated (see below).
- Tickets also available at the door.
- Seating available. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
HORSE & RIDER REQUIREMENTS
- Riders must have completed at least one previous Course 1 clinic with Jonathan.
- Riders must be at least 16yrs of age to participate. Youth riders between 16-18yrs must submit a Young Rider Authorization form for approval to participate.
- Horses must be at least 3yrs old, have a minimum of 40 rides and be ride-able at the walk, trot and some canter. This is NOT a colt-starting clinic.
- You must be comfortable riding at the walk, trot and some canter on the horse you bring.
- Stallions NOT permitted.
- Some knowledge of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship program is helpful (you have read "The Art Of Liberty Training For Horses" and/or watched the Natural Foundation Home Study Program - particularly Ground #1 & #2 and Riding #1.
Contact Clinic Host with any questions or concerns.
Horse In Hand Ranch
Highway #2, Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
Map location HERE
Indoor Arena: Heated arena, full washrooms with shower, balcony and/or bleacher seating. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
Food: Catered hot lunch available for $15/person (must pre-register). Or bring your own lunch or travel 10 min for restaurants.
Pets & Smoking: Smoking in designated areas only. Pets are NOT permitted on the premise. Thank you!
Stabling: Indoor boxstall $50/night, includes 2 bags of bedding and automatic water. Outdoor pen $30/night. Please pre-book with Host. Bring your own water bucket, hay/feed. Muck buckets & forks available onsite.
Camping: Available onsite $20/night, includes power/septic, access to water hydrant and indoor heated showers. Limited spots available, must pre-book with clinic host.
PICTURES & VIDEO
Video or audio recording of any kind is NOT PERMITTED. Please pass this information on to friends/family that may be attending to watch. Photos of clinic participants are for your personal use only and may not be used for public display or commercial purposes. You may not publish, post, or display any photos of Jonathan Field, the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Centre or any member of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship team without their written consent.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payments accepted by Visa/Mastercard, Etransfer, or PayPal.
A $400 deposit is required to confirm your spot in the clinic. Deposits are non-refundable, non-creditable and non transferrable.
Remaining balances are due 30 days before the clinic. This includes stabling and accommodation fees. Balance payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and can only be applied to a credit.
If you cancel out of the clinic at any time, the $400 deposit is forfeited. Your balance payment will then be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit, less a $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.
IF we are able to fill your clinic spot with another rider, then both your deposit and balance will be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit (less the $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.) Credits can be used to purchase Jonathan Field Horsemanship merchandise, equipment, DVDs, an Open Field Membership, or applied to another clinic or camp if space allows.