COURSE 1: Partnership & Leadership
June 29-July 1st, 2023
Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
In any discipline, to be great you must first master the fundamentals, and this course is full of them. It's by far the most important course you will take and one to review throughout your horsemanship journey!
By understanding the nature of the horse, you'll learn how to establish an effective communication on the ground and under saddle to safely create a willing partner.
- An introduction to the first levels of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Training Scale™ of Path & Speed
- Focus on leadership and safety, both on the ground and while riding.
- Learn to read behaviour through the 6 C's™ and understand the psychology of the horse.
- Learn to establish personal space on the ground and do a pre-ride check before you ride in order to stay safe.
- Building communication using the Primary Equine Language™ to get good body control.
- Learn riding body positions rein aids, and equitation to be a more effective rider - and know when to get off!
- Learn a canter program to build confidence in you and your horse.
$870/rider (tax included)
3 FREE spectator tickets.
- $400 deposit required to register. Remaining balance due 30 days before the event.
- Spectator tickets will be given upon arrival.
- Stabling is not included.
$30/person/day or $75/person for all 3 days (tax included)
- Balcony seating available or bring your own chair. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
HORSE & RIDER
- Riders must be at least 16yrs of age.
- Youth riders between 16-18yrs must submit a Young Rider Authorization form for approval to participate.
- Horses must be at least 3yrs old, have a minimum of 40 rides and be ride-able at the walk, trot and some canter. This is NOT a colt-starting clinic.
- You must be comfortable riding at the walk, trot and some canter on the horse you bring.
- Stallions NOT permitted.
- Some introductory knowledge of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship program is helpful (you have read "The Art Of Liberty Training For Horses" and/or watched Ground DVD #1of the Natural Foundation Home Study Program.
Contact Clinic Host with any questions or concerns.
Horse In Hand Ranch
Highway #2, Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
Map location HERE
Indoor Arena: Heated arena, full washrooms with shower, balcony and/or bleacher seating. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
Food: Hot catered lunch available for purchase onsite (cash only). Or bring your own food, or travel 10 min to local restaurants.
Pets & Smoking: Smoking in designated areas only. Pets are NOT permitted on the premise. Thank you!
Stabling: Indoor boxstall $50/day, includes 2 bags of bedding and automatic water. Outdoor pen $30/day. Please pre-book with Host. Bring your own water bucket, hay/feed. Muck buckets & forks available onsite.
Camping: Available onsite $20/night, includes power/septic, access to water hydrant and indoor heated shower. Limited spots available, must pre-book with clinic host.
PICTURES & VIDEO
Video or audio recording of any kind is NOT PERMITTED. Please pass this information on to friends/family that may be attending to watch. Photos of clinic participants are for your personal use only and may not be used for public display or commercial purposes. You may not publish, post, or display any photos of Jonathan Field, the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Centre or any member of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship team without their written consent.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payments accepted by Visa/Mastercard, Etransfer, or PayPal.
A $400 deposit is required to confirm your spot in the clinic. Deposits are non-refundable, non-creditable and non transferrable.
Remaining balances are due 30 days before the clinic. This includes stabling/accommodation fees. Balance payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and can only be applied to a credit.
If you cancel out of the clinic at any time, the $400 deposit is forfeited -NO EXCEPTIONS. Your balance payment will then be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit, less a $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.
IF we are able to fill your clinic spot with another rider, then both your deposit and balance will be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit (less the $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.) Credits can be used to purchase Jonathan Field Horsemanship merchandise, equipment, DVDs, an Open Field Membership, or applied to another clinic or camp if space allows.
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with all things horsemanship with Jonathan Field.