COURSE 2: CONFIDENCE
October 12-14th, 2023
Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
This next building block, after Course 1, focuses on developing confidence and unity between horse and rider.
Explore a deeper understanding of prey animal psychology & physiology to uncover how influencing the horse’s bend and balance can create relaxation in movement, both on the ground and riding.
This is the key to developing an intent-based communication which leads to greater unity with your horse!
- Focus on the next steps in the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Training Scale™: Bend & Balance on line & riding
- Learn to use pressure appropriately and read your horse correctly
- Discover how to “Stretch the elastic band” both emotionally and physically
- Teach your horse to find relaxation in movement by finding an active neutral
- Learn to develop an intent-based communication
- Learn to use leg yields and other lateral exercises to improve canter departures, and develop a more comfortable canter to ride.
$870/rider (tax included)
3 FREE spectator tickets.
- $400 deposit required to register. Remaining balance due 30 days before the event.
- Spectator tickets will be given upon arrival.
- Stabling is not included.
$30/person/day or $75/person for all 3 days (tax included)
Pre-registration is appreciated (scroll below).
Tickets also available at the door.
Balcony seating available or bring your own chair. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
HORSE & RIDER REQUIREMENTS
- Riders must have complete at least one previous Course 1 clinic with Jonathan on the horse they intend to bring to Course 2.
- Riders must be at least 16yrs of age to participate. Youth riders between 16-18yrs must submit a Young Rider Authorization form for approval to participate.
- Horses must be at least 3yrs old, have a minimum of 40 rides, be solid under saddle at the walk, trot and canter within a group, and be competent in Course 1 exercises. This is NOT a colt-starting clinic.
- You must be comfortable riding at the walk, trot and canter on the horse you bring.
- Stallions NOT permitted.
- Knowledge of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship program is required (you have read "The Art Of Liberty Training For Horses" and/or watched the Natural Foundation Home Study Program - particularly Ground #1 & #2 and Riding #1.
Contact Clinic Host with any questions or concerns.
Horse In Hand Ranch
Highway #2, Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada
Map location HERE
Indoor Arena: Heated arena, full washrooms with shower, balcony and/or bleacher seating. Bring a blanket and/or cushion for comfort.
Food: May be available onsite. Check with clinic host. Or bring your own or travel 10 min for restaurants.
Pets & Smoking: Smoking in designated areas only. Pets are NOT permitted on the premise. Thank you!
Stabling: Indoor boxstall $50/day, includes 2 bags of bedding and automatic water. Outdoor pen $30/day. Please pre-book with Host. Bring your own water bucket, hay/feed. Muck buckets & forks available onsite.
Camping: Available onsite $20/night, includes power/septic, access to water hydrant and indoor heated showers. Limited spots available, must pre-book with clinic host.
Microtel Inn & Suites ph: 403-885-9797 (mention you're at a Horse In Hand Ranch event for discount). Best Western Lacombe ph: 403-782-3535
PICTURES & VIDEO
Video or audio recording of any kind is NOT PERMITTED. Please pass this information on to friends/family that may be attending to watch. Photos of clinic participants are for your personal use only and may not be used for public display or commercial purposes. You may not publish, post, or display any photos of Jonathan Field, the Jonathan Field Horsemanship Centre or any member of the Jonathan Field Horsemanship team without their written consent.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payments accepted by Visa/Mastercard, Etransfer, or PayPal.
A $400 deposit is required to confirm your spot in the clinic. Deposits are non-refundable, non-creditable and non transferrable.
Remaining balances are due 30 days before the clinic. This includes stabling/accommodation fees. Balance payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and can only be applied to a credit.
If you cancel out of the clinic at any time, the $400 deposit is forfeited -NO EXCEPTIONS. Your balance payment will then be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit, less a $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.
IF we are able to fill your clinic spot with another rider, then both your deposit and balance will be applied to a Jonathan Field Horsemanship Credit (less the $50 Cancellation Transaction Fee.) Credits can be used to purchase Jonathan Field Horsemanship merchandise, equipment, DVDs, an Open Field Membership, or applied to another clinic or camp if space allows.
REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND
For more information, please contact:
1-888-533-4353 [toll free]
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with all things horsemanship with Jonathan Field.